English children Khabarovsk

This section does not cite any sources. The area of what now is Ussuriysk was settled by Yulou Mohe tribes. From the mid-9th century, it became Solbin-bu english children Khabarovsk the Balhae Kingdom. It is then populated by the Dōnghǎi Jurchens, under control of Liao dynasty.

Due to its advantageous geographic location at the crossing of the transportation lines, the village experienced rapid growth during the 1870s, turning into a trade center. By the beginning of the 20th century the town’s population totaled 15,000 people, and the annual turnover of its trade enterprises was equal to three million rubles. The central part of the city began to be built up with two- and three-story masonry buildings. In 1914, there were fourteen educational institutions, a theater, a circus, and three movie-theaters in Nikolsk-Ussuriysky. After the October Revolution of 1917, the city’s economy experienced rapid growth. The city specialized in processing agricultural products. The name of the city was changed to Voroshilov in 1935 after Kliment Voroshilov.

Until the 1980s, the city ranked second in the krai in population, having only recently yielded to Nakhodka. The city’s industry is represented by twenty-eight enterprises, including twelve of the food industry, two of light industry, six of metal industry, and four of construction industry. One more economic feature of Ussuriysk is its wholesale trade. There are approximately thirty specialized and multipurpose trade bases, many of which had developed contacts with foreign partners before the external economic policy was liberalized in Russia.

Among the city’s other enterprises that are worth mentioning are the Grado firm which annually produces up to 600,000 pairs of footwear, and the Locomotive Repairing Plant. Besides, the city is the crossing point of all major highways and railroads of the krai. The theater is of classical tendencies. Plays are staged both for adults and children. The hall can accommodate 428 people. The central part of the city, including Lenina, Chicherina, Krasnoznamyonnaya, and Ageyeva Streets, is of historic value.