Human parenting

Browsers that can not handle javascript will not be able to access some features of this site. CustodyA custodial parent is human parenting parent who has the child living with him or her and has primary care, custody and responsibility for the child.

See the Parenting Time Guideline for additional information. The court order will indicate who has custody and who has parenting time. Contact the Friend of the Court and request that they initiate enforcement of the parenting time order. The Friend of the Court is required to enforce parenting time orders and usually starts enforcement action when a written complaint is received. File a motion, with or without an attorney, and ask the court to enforce the parenting time order.

Alternate Dispute Resolution Services available in the county. If the other parent is not making child support payments required by the court, you must continue to obey the court-ordered parenting time provisions and allow parenting time. If your child is not living with the custodial parent, you must continue to obey the court order’s support provisions until the order is changed by the court. Contact your Friend of the Court for further information about your case. The Friend of the Court cannot force a parent to see his or her children. To promote a positive relationship with the children and the other parent, consider counseling, mediation, or filing a motion to change the parenting time order.