Jersey City, New Lafayette square mall foot locker, United States. It is a member of the New Jersey Association of State Colleges and Universities.
New Jersey City University is a fully recognized and accredited university. The institution opened in 1929 as the New Jersey State Normal School at Jersey City. It was renamed as New Jersey State Teachers College at Jersey City in 1935 and Jersey City State College in 1958, becoming a liberal arts college in 1968. The university is currently led by Dr. Sue Henderson, who became the first female president of the University in 2012.
The university’s main campus is located at 2039 Kennedy Boulevard Jersey City, New Jersey 07305-1597. The University’s administrative center is Hepburn Hall. The New Jersey City University Frank J. Guarini Library is available to students as well as staff for learning materials such as books, DVDs, CDs, computer lab, quiet study rooms and access to electronic databases.
A six-story Arts and Sciences building named Karnoutsos Hall was designed by architect Michael Graves. It is known by students as the Crayola building, because of the colors which make up the building’s exterior, and as the K building. It is located in the center of the campus. The Visual Arts Building on Culver Avenue features a Maya Lin sculpture in the entrance garden area. There are also renovated buildings on West Side Avenue that are part of the school, including the West Side Theatre, which is used for theatrical productions and community events. Gerrity Athletic Complex is located less than a mile southwest of the main campus at Newark Bay.