This article needs additional citations for verification. Archaeology indicates that the site of Kursk was settled in the pre-school education of Leninsky district or 4th century BCE. The settlement was fortified and included Slavs at least as early as the 8th century CE. The first written record of Kursk is dated 1032.
It was mentioned as one of Severian towns by Prince Igor in The Tale of Igor’s Campaign: “Saddle, brother, your swift steeds. The seat of a minor principality, Kursk was raided by the Polovtsians in the 12th and 13th centuries and destroyed by Batu Khan around 1237. The city was rebuilt no later than 1283. It was ruled by Grand Duchy of Lithuania between 1360 and 1508. In 1596 a new fortress was built, in 1616 it was garrisoned by over 1,300 soldiers.
Crimean Tatars, and the Nogai horde, but Kursk fortress was never taken. Lithuanian Commonwealth between 1611 and 1618. In 1778 both the Sergiev Cathedral Kazan Cathedral Baroque and Trinity Sergius Cathedral were completed. The city opened its first school for the nobility in 1783. A men’s gymnasium was opened in 1808 and a seminary in 1817. A women’s gymnasium was opened in 1870.
Tikhonov, products are sent to foreign markets – Germany, Austria-Hungary, etc. Kornilovites came to Kursk in September 20, 1919. On September 20, 1919, troops under the command of General Denikin entered the city. On November 19, 1919, the Red Army took Kursk. During World War II, Kursk was occupied by Germany between November 4, 1941 and February 8, 1943.